OffgridSun solar pumping kits are the ideal one-stop-shop solution for providing a stable access to safe water – hence, from boreholes – in off-grid rural areas, for a variety of uses:
- safe drinking water supply for communal taps
- safe drinking water supply to schools and health centres
- irrigation of smallholder plots, communal vegetable gardens, large scale commercial farms
- livestock watering.
In all such applications, due to its inexhaustible and free of charge power source, simple engineering and ease of maintenance, solar pumping stands out as the only reliable and long-lasting solution to the grand challenges of the water access and water security in a worsening climate change scenario.
The same holds from the economic standpoint, too. When the actual costs for
- conventional fuels (provided that these can be easily and regularly accessed to on the local market… which is seldom the case in rural Africa)
- plus the cost for the recurrent gen-set servicing (oil, filters, maintenance)
are taken into due account over the entire lifecycle required to a pumping system, solar pumping definitely stands out as the unbeatable cost-competitive alternative to diesel-fuelled pumps.